- RT @NARAL: “Women’s issues are trans issues. Trans issues are women’s issues.” The danger trans women of color face: https://t.co/FO8ULuIeo… 6 hours ago
- RT @Singlemaltfiend: Bearded douche w/a a rib tattoo doing something unnecessarily athletic, outshined by senior draining free throws. h… 6 hours ago
- RT @CCCICCIC: On foreign aid, #Budget2017 was "disappointing, stingy and in some respects hypocritical" by @theMcLeodGroup #cdnaid https://… 6 hours ago
- RT @ynd_jnd: Serez-vous au débat de demain? Vous pourrez utiliser ce filtre Snapchat. @NDP_HQ @GuyCaronNPD @MPJulian @nikiashton @CharlieAn… 1 day ago
- RT @_AUPE_: Today marks day 100 of standing up for safe quality care in #ColdLake, Alberta. pwlprobe.com #coldlakelockout #canla… 1 day ago
What I write about#yeg 7inch 88.3 Alberta Alberta Boom blog B McGuig Bonnaroo Brian Eno Calgary canadian CBC cbc radio 3 christmas Christmas on Mars CJSR CKXU CKXU Loves You co-host Coachella contest David Byrne destroyer edmonton endangerd ape endangered ape festivals Fleet Foxes FM FUNdrive guest host high performance rodeo HPR lethbridge local May Monotonix mp3 music Myelin Sheaths Neil Young news NMC ottawa OYR pbone PDX Pop Now! PI playlist pledge programming radio Radiohead random nation re-issues Sasqatch Sasqautch Sasquatch show shows sled island sloan Summerlad synthosaurus The Flaming Lips the gorge the slice the wicked awesomes tickets torrid love affair valentines day vancouver video vinyl women
Tag Archives: B McGuig
When I was younger this was my favorite holiday, hands down. No stress leading up to it. No boring family obligations and it was all about dressing up. I always assumed this was the worlds way of evening out the lack of Kids day considering there is both Fathers AND Mothers day. Since I have three younger sisters I was able to prolong trick or treating right up to 16 years of age. Pretty sweet, amirite? Now all my sisters are too old for trick or treating and really, a 22 yr old dressing up to get candy? A little silly.
So instead I content myself with dressing up in ridiculous costumes (see Stuff White People Like post #113) and attend Halloween parties where there is usually little in the way of candy, with the exception of the occasional jello shot.
I had some grand schemes of making this one heck of a cheesy radio Halloween good time, but sadly technology failed me once again (no offense to you blog, just the Internet as a whole) and thus I was unable to play my absolute favourite Halloween cheese songs. Instead, this show saw some improvisation with some scary tracks from scary movies. So here is my playlist for this week, but scroll all the way down for some wicked Halloween treats!
Artist – Track Title – Album * = Canadian
1. *The Stolen Minks – The North End Strangler – High Kicks
2. Viva Voce – Alive with Pleasure – PDX Pop Now! 2005 comp.
3. The Gossip – Its Over – PDX POP Now! 2005 comp.
4. Bernard Herrmann – Twisted Nerve – Kill Bill vol. 1 soundtrack
5. Grandaddy – AM180 – 28 Days Later soundtrack
6. Parts and Labours – Little Ones – Receivers
7. * Animal Names – Guy in the Ground Near the Marsh – Oh Yes, You Better Do
8. Jonny Greenwood – Eat Him By His Own Light – There Will Be Blood Soundtrack (highly recommended, all original compositions by Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead.)
9. *Miss Murgatroid and Petra Haden – Hearts and Daggers – Hearts and Daggers
10. Bob Dylan – Wigwam – Royal Tenenbaums Soundtrack
11. Karen O and the Million Dollar Bashers – Highway 61 Revisted – I’m Not There OST
12. Of Montreal – And I’ve Seen a Bloody Shadow – Skeletal Lamping
13. *Everything All the Time – Take Stock – Everything All the Time
14. Steppers remix of Yacht’s – Daydreams with Daffodils – PDX Pop Now! 2005 comp.
15. Sebastian Granger – I’m All Rage (Live in 2005) – Sebastien Granger
16. Spooky Dance Band – Chemical Reaction – PDX Pop Now! 2005 comp.
17. B McGuig – Synthoween (a Random Nation exclusive thanks to the lovely B McGuig!!) – N/A – check out his Reverbnation.
Halloween treat time ft. the best of Canadian indie rock:
Old school Halloween ft. sheer childhood delight